Whizz Education takes privacy seriously.
Personal information is collected by Whizz Education which is registered with the UK's Information Commission as a Data Controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Company Name: Whizz Education
Registered Office: Macmillan House Paddington Station London W2 1FT
Registered Number: 4494788
Data Protection Registration Number: Z8747153
We collect personally identifiable information about visitors to our websites, especially Subscribers and nominated Student(s) (your "Data") through:
- the use of enquiry and registration forms, and the completion of an Assessment
- the check-out process by which our products or services are purchased
- the voluntary provision of information to us outside of these contexts (for example, by email)
The information that we actively collect may include:
- name and gender of the Subscriber
- home or other physical address of the Subscriber
- telephone number(s) of the Subscriber
- email address(es) of the Subscriber
- payment details of the Subscriber, such as credit card information and bank account information
- the name, date of birth, gender and school attended of registered Students
- family relationships of multiple registered Students, when registered by a particular Subscriber
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
By accepting the Terms and Conditions all individual and school Subscribers consent to Whizz Education’s use and/or disclosure of your and your nominated Student(s)’ Data for purposes which may include:
- providing the nominated Student(s) with a personalised service
- providing you with feedback about use of Maths-Whizz Tutoring and/or Maths-Whizz Tutoring Plus by the nominated Student(s)
- processing orders, registrations, changes to registrations and enquiries
- credit checking by a credit reference agency who may record that a credit check has been made
- disclosing certain personal details including account details to a bank, credit card operator or other payment processor for the purposes of setting up a continuous payment authority and/or collecting direct debits
- conducting market research surveys
- running competitions
- providing you with information about other products and services we offer (providing you agree to receive such information)
- pseudonymising Data about you and your nominated Student(s) and using such pseudonymised Data to demonstrate our services
- consolidating anonymised Data about the nominated Student(s) with similar data concerning other Students and sharing such data with you, other Subscribers and/or third party organisations
We may also disclose your Data to third party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf, to our business partners who have introduced you to Maths-Whizz Tutoring and/or Maths-Whizz Tutoring Plus and whose referral code you have used in making your Subscription, to successors in title to our business or in accordance with a properly executed court order or if we are otherwise required to do so by law.
We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual Student is identified):
- to build up marketing profiles
- to aid strategic development
- to provide such information to actual and prospective subscribers, schools and educational authorities
- To audit usage of the site
Under no circumstances will we make an individual child’s information available to any third parties other than to the Subscriber or school who has nominated that child, or in accordance with such Subscriber’s instructions, unless it has been pseudonymised or anonymised, or to a parent company or subsidiary of Whizz Education and, in the latter case, only in connection with the continuing provision of the Maths-Whizz Tutoring and/or Maths-Whizz Tutoring Plus services. If you wish to receive information about Whizz Education products or services or from other carefully selected organisations about products or services they offer, please indicate your preferences using the consent boxes when providing us with your Data. In accepting the Terms and Conditions each Subscriber agrees that you do not object to Whizz Education contacting you in connection with Maths-Whizz Tutoring and/or Maths-Whizz Tutoring Plus whether through telephone, email or otherwise, and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above to be a breach of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999 or the Privacy and Electronic Communications (European Directive) Regulations 2003. We do, however, allow you to request that you be unsubscribed from email communications by sending us an email headed “Unsubscribe”.
We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning Subscribers and nominated Students and allowing Subscribers and nominated Students to be presented with a personalised version of either Maths-Whizz Tutoring or Maths-Whizz Tutoring Plus
- enabling you to move more easily around our site(s)
- tracking your use of our site(s) to better develop our site(s) in accordance with your requirements
- building up a demographic profile
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. However this will mean that any settings will have to be reset. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce functionality of our site(s), prevent access to subscriber-only areas of the site(s) and mean that certain features or content will not be available to you. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the 'manage cookies' section. Alternatively go to the help menu within your internet browser. From time to time we may permit third party companies to set cookies on Whizz.com, Maths-Whizz Tutoring and/or Maths-Whizz Tutoring Plus for purposes which may include market research, serving advertisements, revenue tracking or to improve functionality of the site.
Whizz Education has appropriate measures in place to ensure that our Subscribers’ and nominated Students' Data is protected against unauthorised access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. Such Data may be transferred outside Whizz Education to data processors such as fulfilment houses but they will act only on our instructions to provide the services required.
Transfer of Data
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing Whizz.com and communicating electronically with us each Subscriber acknowledges and agrees to our processing of personal data in this way. By agreeing to our transfer of your Data to third party organisations for them to send you details of products and services offered (as detailed above) you are deemed to provide your consent to any transfer of your Data to organisations based outside the European Economic Area.
Access to and Control of Data